Saturday, July 2, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies (Gluten Free!)

So we are on vacation. It’s wonderful. I love it. I love the air here, I love the rooms, I love that its nice and cool, I love that I have to wear a sweater and its summer, I love it.
I brought a tasty gluten free dessert with us, a cheesecake with an almond crust, but I underestimated how tasty it was…and its almost gone. Recipe for that soon to come.
So in our somewhat barren vacation kitchen, I was grappling with what to make that is gluten free, easy, and won’t make too much of a mess and my little eye spied a jar of peanut butter. 
  
And magically, an hour later I had 2.5 dozen tiny cookies. These cookies tasted awesome. I would not have guessed they were gluten free if I hadn’t made them. Oh yeah, and mom loved them :-)

Enjoy!
Peanut Butter Cookies
modified from glutenfreegirl.com
1 cup peanut butter, creamy
0.75 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
0.25 tsp. salt
1 egg
Some sugar and cinnamon for rolling

Preheat 350F
Cream together the sugar, peanut butter, and salt. The mix in the baking powder and then the egg. Then we want to make little balls for the cookie. The smaller the balls, the better they’ll hold together. The mixture will be quite sticky, but more fun that way! 
Anyways, I used a melon baller to make tiny cookies. Then I rolled them in cinnamon sugar. Put them on a baking sheet with parchment paper, bake for 10 minutes. Right when they come out of the oven, use a times of a fork to make the peanut-butter cookie indentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment