Friday, July 8, 2011

No-Bake Cheesecake (Gluten Free!)

Seriously. This is amazing. I usually don't eat my desserts, I give them away.


Um, I ate this one. All of it. Well, no, I shared it with my mom. Kind of...it was so tasty. 


And oh my...the almond crust was so much better than any regular crust. 


I am really trying to do a low-gluten diet. Partially because I'm at home and mom's gluten free, but also because it's generally healthy from what I've read.
Yeah...we ate it before we remembered to take the picture
Pretty


And now it's gone :-( I made this pie to take with us on a five-day trip. Yeah, it half gone before we left, then in two days it was gone. 


So I decided I must share this recipe with you--please please make this, you will NOT regret it. It's a great summer recipe, since its no-bake, and takes about 20 minutes to make. 


Side note--you can also make a tasty dessert if you just make the crust, put it out on a flat cookie sheet, let it sit for half an hour, and then cut it up into cubes! 




No-Bake Cheesecake with an Almond Crust
modified from joyofbaking.com


Almond Meal Crust


1.5 cups almond meal
2 tbsp. sugar
6 tbsp. melted butter


No-Bake Filling


8 oz. cream cheese
slightly less than 0.25 cups sugar
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract (you can also flavor it with other extracts, hazelnut maybe)
1 cup heavy whipping cream


In a small bowl, mix together the almond meal, sugar, and melted butter. Press into the bottom of a pie pan. 


Then in another mixing bowl, mix together the vanilla, the sugar, and cream cheese. In a separate bowl, either by hand, or with a mixer, whip the heavy whipping cream until there are soft peaks. Then fold it into cream cheese gently. Spread the whole mixture into crust, and cool it in the fridge for at least 3-6 hours, overnight is best. 


Then serve! Maybe with some cherry pie filling? Or even by itself is amazing :-) Enjoy! 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I made this into "mini" cheesecakes with lemon extract instead of vanilla and topped with lemon curd- sooooo good!

Post a Comment