Wednesday, January 2, 2013

New Year, 2013

I could...write a really long post about how it's been over a month since my last post. But that's been done. What have I been up to? Medical school. Surprise, surprise--it's busy. A bit busier than expected. I'll sum up a few things I've learned:

1. Medical school is busy-making.

2. Stonyfield Organics Chocolate Ice Cream is amazing. My cousin Rupa once told me that ice cream and frozen yogurt were NOT the same thing. I scoffed. She was in medical school and I was not. I agree with her completely now.

3. Things only are priorities if you make them one. AKA, your relationships and the NYTimes.

4. Thank god for friends and family. And Lauri's almond toffee. They keep you going. Oh, and blue flower early grey tea. Oh and jasmine green.

5. Weekend trips to Provincetown are amazingly refreshing.

6. People were right--going to the gym is good. If nothing else, it pulls you away from the books.

7. I'm pretty good at planning. Following through...meh, we'll go with okay.

8. Mascara makes your eye lashes look longer.

9. Complimenting yourself totes feels lame and awesome at the same time.

10. 11 hour train rides, even with your loves, are long.

11. Even if something is super hard and time consuming, if you really want to do it, it's cool. Doesn't make it suck any less, but at least it's cool.

12. I think I want to get a tattoo.

So that's my list. Happy New Year! I hope I learn a lot this year, academically, personally, bakery-ly, cookingly, TV-ly, Reading-ly, etc. I have an idea for a recipe--maybe this weekend? :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment