Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Carrot, Fennel, Red Onion Salad. And I have a Husband.

I made this salad. My husband loved it. 

Yep, that's right, my husband. He's pretty awesome. He's this nice guy I talked about before. Now he's a nice husband. 


Our wedding was wonderful. I felt so blessed to have such loving family and friends come and see us. More so, I felt lucky that this guy that I got to saw at 9:06 AM on July 16th was going to be my husband. He is going to be mine, forever, and I'm going to be his. It's exhilarating, wonderful, happy, and smile-y all at once, and not in the least bit scary. 
Now on to food. I tried writing about the economic situation of the country right now, but my irritation just prevented me from producing a good critique, explanation, analysis, etc. I figured writing in a childish way would muddle my point, and there was no point doing that because I felt that my point was important. So, maybe later eh? 

Anyways, the salad! It's easy, it's simple, and it takes like...10 minutes. I whipped it up from stuff we had in the fridge, just lying around. It goes great on top of lettuce, with some cherry tomatoes, cheese, and a homemade buttermilk ranch dressing (made especially awesome by my husband's homemade mayo...yes I use that word as often as possible now :-D). 


I'll post about the ranch dressing later, which also takes about 10 minutes or so to make. 


The carrot salad also tastes great just by itself OR topped on a pita with hummus and cheese OR with a dollop of creme fraishe on top!


Enjoy :-) 


Carrot, Fennel, Red Onion Salad
3 carrot, peeled, sliced into half moon shapes
0.25 red onion diced finely
4 tbsp. fresh fennel greens
2 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and Pepper to taste


Mix together the veggies, toss in about olive oil and lemon juice. Add in salt and pepper to taste. 

1 comment:

Laurie's Little Kitchen said...

Ooh... can't wait for the ranch dressing recipe. We use our own mayo and our own yogurt(instead of buttermilk) to make a ranch dressing from a seasoning package from Penzy's. They are a fancy spice store in LA. We love it !!

Post a Comment